SQL: Select specific columns from a table
SQL Basic Select Statement: Exercise-6 with Solution
Write a SQL statement to display specific columns such as names and commissions for all salespeople.Sample table: salesman
SELECT name, commission FROM salesman;
Output of the Query:
name commission James Hoog 0.15 Nail Knite 0.13 Pit Alex 0.11 Mc Lyon 0.14 Paul Adam 0.13 Lauson Hen 0.12
Pictorial presentation :
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a query to display the result of an arithmetic simplification.
Next: Write a query to display the columns in a specific order like order date, salesman id, order number and purchase amount from for all the orders.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
Nested select statement in SQL Server.
You need to alias the subquery.
SELECT name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
or to be more explicit
SELECT a.name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
Database: SQL Server
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework