SQL: Who won the 1971 Nobel Prize for Literature?
SQL Basic Select Statement: Exercise-13 with Solution.
From the following table, write a SQL query to find the Nobel Prize winner in ‘Literature’ for 1970. Return winner.
Sample table: nobel_win
SELECT winner FROM nobel_win WHERE year = 1971 AND subject = 'Literature';
Output of the Query:
winner Pablo Neruda
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the Nobel Prize winner(s) in the year 1970. Return year, subject and winner.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the Nobel Prize winner 'Dennis Gabor'. Return year, subject.
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
SQL: Tips of the Day
Nested select statement in SQL Server.
You need to alias the subquery.
SELECT name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
or to be more explicit
SELECT a.name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
Database: SQL Server
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework