SQL exercises on soccer Database: Find the number of penalty shots taken by the teams
SQL soccer Database: Exercise-26 with Solution
26. From the following tables, write a SQL query to count the number of penalty shots taken by the teams. Return country name, number of shots as "Number of Shots".
Sample table: soccer_country
Sample table: penalty_shootout
SELECT a.country_name, COUNT(b.*) as "Number of Shots" FROM soccer_country a, penalty_shootout b WHERE b.team_id=a.country_id GROUP BY a.country_name;
country_name | Number of Shots --------------+----------------- Poland | 9 Italy | 9 Germany | 9 Portugal | 5 Switzerland | 5 (5 rows)
Sample Database: soccer
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find the players with shot number they taken in penalty shootout matches. Return match_no, Team, player_name, jersey_no, score_goal, kick_no.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to count the number of booking happened in each half of play within normal play schedule. Return play_half, play_schedule, number of booking happened.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Nested select statement in SQL Server.
You need to alias the subquery.
SELECT name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
or to be more explicit
SELECT a.name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
Database: SQL Server
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework