SQL exercises on soccer Database: Compute a list to show the number of substitute happened in various stage of play for the entire tournament
SQL soccer Database: Basic Exercise-21 with Solution
21. From the following table, write a SQL query to count the number of substitute happened in various stage of play for the entire Tournament. Sort the result-set in ascending order by play-half, play-schedule and number of substitute happened. Return play-half, play-schedule, number of substitute happened.
Sample table: player_in_out
SELECT play_half,play_schedule,COUNT(*) FROM player_in_out WHERE in_out='I' GROUP BY play_half,play_schedule ORDER BY play_half,play_schedule,count(*) DESC;
play_half | play_schedule | count -----------+---------------+------- 1 | ET | 4 1 | NT | 3 2 | ET | 5 2 | NT | 272 2 | ST | 9 (5 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: soccer
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to count the total number of players replaced in the extra time of play.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to count the number of shots taken in penalty shootout matches. Number of shots as "Number of Penalty Kicks".
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
SQL: Tips of the Day
Nested select statement in SQL Server.
You need to alias the subquery.
SELECT name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
or to be more explicit
SELECT a.name FROM (SELECT name FROM agentinformation) a
Database: SQL Server
- New Content published on w3resource:
- HTML-CSS Practical: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Java Regular Expression: Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework