SQL JOINS on HR Database: Display the first and last name and salary for those employees who earn less than the employee earn whose number is 182
SQL JOINS on HR Database: Exercise-7 with Solution
7. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who earn less than the employee of ID 182. Return first name, last name and salary.
Sample table: employees
SELECT E.first_name, E.last_name, E.salary FROM employees E JOIN employees S ON E.salary < S.salary AND S.employee_id = 182;
first_name last_name salary James Landry 2400.00 Steven Markle 2200.00 TJ Olson 2100.00 Ki Gee 2400.00 Hazel Philtanker 2200.00
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find all departments including those without any employee. Return first name, last name, department ID, department name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the employees and their managers. Return the first name of the employee and manager.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework