SQL JOINS on HR Database: Display those employees who contain a letter z to their first name and also display their last name, department, city, and state province
SQL JOINS on HR Database: Exercise-5 with Solution
5. From the following tables, write a SQL query to find those employees whose first name contains a letter ‘z’. Return first name, last name, department, city, and state province.
Sample table: departments
Sample table: employees
Sample table: locations
SELECT E.first_name,E.last_name, D.department_name, L.city, L.state_province FROM employees E JOIN departments D ON E.department_id = D.department_id JOIN locations L ON D.location_id = L.location_id WHERE E.first_name LIKE '%z%';
first_name last_name department_name city state_province Mozhe Atkinson Shipping South San Francisco California Hazel Philtanker Shipping South San Francisco California Elizabeth Bates Sales OX9 9ZB Oxford
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following tables, write a SQL query to find all those employees who work in department ID 80 or 40. Return first name, last name, department number and department name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find all departments including those without any employee. Return first name, last name, department ID, department name.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework