SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employee id, name, salary, and department id of the employees in ascending order of salary who works in the department 1001
SQL employee Database: Exercise-89 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
89. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who work in the department 1001. Sort the result-set in ascending order by salary. Return employee ID, employee name, salary and department ID.
Sample table: employees
SELECT e.emp_id, e.emp_name, e.salary, e.dep_id FROM employees E WHERE e.dep_id = 1001 ORDER BY e.salary ASC;
emp_id | emp_name | salary | dep_id --------+----------+---------+-------- 69324 | MARKER | 1400.00 | 1001 67832 | CLARE | 2550.00 | 1001 68319 | KAYLING | 6000.00 | 1001 (3 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to list the employees who are senior to their MANAGERS. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the highest salary. Return highest salary.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework