SQL exercises on employee Database: Count the no. of characters with out considering the spaces for each name
SQL employee Database: Exercise-8 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
8. From the following table, write a SQL query to count the number of characters except the spaces for each employee name. Return employee name length.
Sample table: employees
SELECT length(trim(emp_name)) FROM employees;
length -------- 7 5 5 5 7 5 8 6 4 6 6 6 6 6 (14 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees with hire date in the format like February 22, 1991. Return employee ID, employee name, salary, hire date.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the employee ID, salary, and commission of all the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework