SQL exercises on employee Database: List the unique jobs of department 2001 and 3001 in descending order
SQL employee Database: Exercise-76 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
76. From the following table, write a SQL query to list the unique jobs of department 2001 and 3001 in descending order. Return job name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT DISTINCT job_name FROM employees WHERE dep_id IN (2001, 3001) ORDER BY job_name DESC;
job_name ---------- SALESMAN MANAGER CLERK ANALYST (4 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to list the employees in the ascending order on job name and descending order on employee id. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to list all the employees except PRESIDENT and MANAGER in ascending order of salaries. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework