SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employees along with their location who belongs to SYDNEY, MELBOURNE with a salary range between 2000 and 5000 and joined in 1991
SQL employee Database: Exercise-61 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
61. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose department location is SYDNEY or MELBOURNE with a salary range of 2000, 5000 (Begin and end values are included.) and joined in 1991. Return employee ID, employee name, department ID, salary, and department location.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: department
SELECT e.emp_id, e.emp_name, e.dep_id, e.salary, d.dep_location FROM employees e, department d WHERE e.dep_id = d.dep_id AND d.dep_location IN ('SYDNEY', 'MELBOURNE') AND to_char(e.hire_date,'YY') = '91' AND e.salary BETWEEN 2000 AND 5000;
emp_id | emp_name | dep_id | salary | dep_location --------+----------+--------+---------+-------------- 67832 | CLARE | 1001 | 2550.00 | SYDNEY 65646 | JONAS | 2001 | 2957.00 | MELBOURNE 69062 | FRANK | 2001 | 3100.00 | MELBOURNE (3 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees working at PERTH, or MELBOURNE with an experience over 10 years. Return employee ID, employee name, department ID, salary, and department location.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees of MARKETING department come from MELBOURNE or PERTH within the grade 3 ,4, and 5 and experience over 25 years. Return department ID, employee ID, employee name, salary, department name, department location and grade.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework