SQL exercises on employee Database: List the id, name, salary, and location of the employees working at PERTH, or MELBOURNE with an experience over 10 years
SQL employee Database: Exercise-60 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
60. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees working at PERTH, or MELBOURNE with an experience over 10 years. Return employee ID, employee name, department ID, salary, and department location.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: department
SELECT e.emp_id, e.emp_name, e.dep_id, e.salary, d.dep_location FROM employees e, department d WHERE e.dep_id = d.dep_id AND d.dep_location IN ('PERTH', 'MELBOURNE') AND EXTRACT(MONTH FROM age(CURRENT_DATE, hire_date)) > 10;
emp_id | emp_name | dep_id | salary | dep_location --------+----------+--------+---------+-------------- 64989 | ADELYN | 3001 | 1700.00 | PERTH 65271 | WADE | 3001 | 1350.00 | PERTH (2 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who are working either as a MANAGER or an ANALYST with a salary in the range 2000, 5000 (Begin and end values are included.) without any commission. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose department location is SYDNEY or MELBOURNE with a salary range of 2000, 5000 (Begin and end values are included.) and joined in 1991. Return employee ID, employee name, department ID, salary, and department location.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework