SQL exercises on employee Database: List the name and salary of FRANK if his salary is equal to max_sal of his grade
SQL employee Database: Exercise-58 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
58. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the name and salary of the employee FRANK. Salary should be equal to the maximum salary within his or her salary group.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: salary_grade
SELECT e.emp_name, e.salary FROM employees e, salary_grade s WHERE e.emp_name = 'FRANK' AND e.salary BETWEEN s.min_sal AND s.max_sal AND e.salary = s.max_sal ;
emp_name | salary ----------+--------- FRANK | 3100.00 (1 row)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose manager name is JONAS. Return employee id, employee name, job name, manager ID, hire date, salary, department ID, employee name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who are working either as a MANAGER or an ANALYST with a salary in the range 2000, 5000 (Begin and end values are included.) without any commission. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework