SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employees name, department, salary and commission. For those whose salary is between 2000 and 5000 while location is PERTH
SQL employee Database: Exercise-55 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
55. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose salary is between 2000 and 5000 (Begin and end values are included.) and location is PERTH. Return employee name, department ID, salary, and commission.
Sample table: employees
Sample table: department
SELECT e.emp_name, e.dep_id, e.salary, e.commission FROM employees e, department d WHERE e.dep_id = d.dep_id AND d.dep_location = 'PERTH' AND e.salary BETWEEN 2000 AND 5000;
emp_name | dep_id | salary | commission ----------+--------+---------+------------ BLAZE | 3001 | 2750.00 | (1 row)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose salary is higher than the salary of their managers. Return employee name, job name, manager ID, salary, manager name, manager's salary.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose department ID is 1001 or 3001 and salary grade is not 4. They joined the company before 1992-12-31. Return grade, employee name.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework