SQL exercises on employee Database: List the name of employees and their manager separated by the string 'works for'
SQL employee Database: Exercise-19 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
19. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the name of employees and their manager separated by the string 'works for'.
Sample table: employees
SELECT e.emp_name || ' works for ' || m.emp_name FROM employees e, employees m WHERE e.manager_id = m.emp_id;
?column? -------------------------- BLAZE works for KAYLING CLARE works for KAYLING JONAS works for KAYLING SCARLET works for JONAS FRANK works for JONAS SANDRINE works for FRANK ADELYN works for BLAZE WADE works for BLAZE MADDEN works for BLAZE TUCKER works for BLAZE ADNRES works for SCARLET JULIUS works for BLAZE MARKER works for CLARE (13 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who joined in the month January. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose designation is ‘CLERK’. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework