SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employees who joined before 1991
SQL employee Database: Exercise-12 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
12. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who joined before 1991. Return complete information about the employees.
Sample table: employees
SELECT * FROM employees WHERE hire_date<('1991-1-1');
emp_id | emp_name | job_name | manager_id | hire_date | salary | commission | dep_id --------+----------+----------+------------+------------+--------+------------+-------- 63679 | SANDRINE | CLERK | 69062 | 1990-12-18 | 900.00 | | 2001 (1 row)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who do not belong to the department 2001. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to compute the average salary of those employees who work as ‘ANALYST’. Return average salary.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework