SQL exercises on employee Database: List the employees whose ID not starting with digit 68
SQL employee Database: Exercise-111 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
111. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose ID not start with the digit 68. Return employee ID, employee ID using trim function.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_id, trim(to_char(emp_id,'99999')) FROM employees WHERE trim(to_char(emp_id,'99999')) NOT LIKE '68%';
emp_id | btrim --------+------- 66928 | 66928 67832 | 67832 65646 | 65646 67858 | 67858 69062 | 69062 63679 | 63679 64989 | 64989 65271 | 65271 66564 | 66564 69000 | 69000 69324 | 69324 (11 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who joined in 90's. Return complete information about the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose names contain the letter 'A’. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework