SQL exercises on employee Database: List the names of those employees starting with 'A' and with six characters in length
SQL employee Database: Exercise-105 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
105. From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose name start with 'A' and six characters in length. Return employee name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT emp_name FROM employees WHERE emp_name LIKE 'A%' AND length(emp_name)=6;
emp_name ---------- ADELYN ADNRES (2 rows)
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find number of employees and average salary. Group the result set on department id and job name. Return number of employees, average salary, department ID, and job name.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees whose name is six characters in length and the third character must be 'R'. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework