SQL exercises on employee Database: Display the unique department with jobs
SQL employee Database: Exercise-10 with Solution
[An editor is available at the bottom of the page to write and execute the scripts.]
10. From the following table, write a SQL query to find the unique department with jobs. Return department ID, Job name.
Sample table: employees
SELECT DISTINCT dep_id, job_name FROM employees ;
dep_id | job_name --------+----------- 3001 | MANAGER 2001 | ANALYST 3001 | SALESMAN 1001 | MANAGER 1001 | PRESIDENT 2001 | MANAGER 2001 | CLERK 1001 | CLERK 3001 | CLERK (9 rows)
Relational Algebra Expression:
Relational Algebra Tree:
Sample Database: employee
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: From the following table, write a SQL query to find the employee ID, salary, and commission of all the employees.
Next: From the following table, write a SQL query to find those employees who do not belong to the department 2001. Return complete information about the employees.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
- New Content published on w3resource:
- Scala Programming Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Python Itertools exercises
- Python Numpy exercises
- Python GeoPy Package exercises
- Python Pandas exercises
- Python nltk exercises
- Python BeautifulSoup exercises
- Form Template
- Composer - PHP Package Manager
- PHPUnit - PHP Testing
- Laravel - PHP Framework