Python: Use multiple map arguments
Python map: Exercise-7 with Solution
Write a Python program to add two given lists and find the difference between them. Use the map() function.
Python Code :
def addition_subtrction(x, y): return x + y, x - y nums1 = [6, 5, 3, 9] nums2 = [0, 1, 7, 7] print("Original lists:") print(nums1) print(nums2) result = map(addition_subtrction, nums1, nums2) print("\nResult:") print(list(result))
Original lists: [6, 5, 3, 9] [0, 1, 7, 7] Result: [(6, 6), (6, 4), (10, -4), (16, 2)]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to convert all the characters in uppercase and lowercase and eliminate duplicate letters from a given sequence. Use map() function.
Next: Write a Python program to convert a given list of integers and a tuple of integers in a list of strings.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join