Python: Square the elements of a list using map()
Python map: Exercise-5 with Solution
Write a Python program to square the elements of a list using the map() function.
Python Code :
def square_num(n): return n * n nums = [4, 5, 2, 9] print("Original List: ",nums) result = map(square_num, nums) print("Square the elements of the said list using map():") print(list(result))
Original List: [4, 5, 2, 9] Square the elements of the said list using map(): [16, 25, 4, 81]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to create a list containing the power of said number in bases raised to the corresponding number in the index using Python map.
Next: Write a Python program to convert all the characters in uppercase and lowercase and eliminate duplicate letters from a given sequence. Use map() function.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join