Python: Convert a given list of strings into list of lists using map function
Python map: Exercise-16 with Solution
Write a Python program to convert a given list of strings into a list of lists using the map function.
def strings_to_listOflists(str): result = map(list, str) return list(result) colors = ["Red", "Green", "Black", "Orange"] print('Original list of strings:') print(colors) print("\nConvert the said list of strings into list of lists:") print(strings_to_listOflists(colors))
Original list of strings: ['Red', 'Green', 'Black', 'Orange'] Convert the said list of strings into list of lists: [['R', 'e', 'd'], ['G', 'r', 'e', 'e', 'n'], ['B', 'l', 'a', 'c', 'k'], ['O', 'r', 'a', 'n', 'g', 'e']]
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.Write a Python program to convert a given list of tuples to a list of strings using map function.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join