Python: Compute the sum of elements of a given array of integers
Python map: Exercise-11 with Solution
Write a Python program to compute the sum of elements of an array of integers. Use the map() function.
Python Code :
from array import array def array_sum(nums_arr): sum_n = 0 for n in nums_arr: sum_n += n return sum_n nums = array('i', [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, -15]) print("Original array:",nums) nums_arr = list(map(int, nums)) result = array_sum(nums_arr) print("Sum of all elements of the said array:") print(result)
Original array: array('i', [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, -15]) Sum of all elements of the said array: 0
Python Code Editor:
Have another way to solve this solution? Contribute your code (and comments) through Disqus.
Previous: Write a Python program to compute the square of first N Fibonacci numbers, using map function and generate a list of the numbers.
Next: Write a Python program to find the ration of positive numbers, negative numbers and zeroes in an array of integers.
What is the difficulty level of this exercise?
Test your Programming skills with w3resource's quiz.
- Weekly Trends
- Python Interview Questions and Answers: Comprehensive Guide
- Scala Exercises, Practice, Solution
- Kotlin Exercises practice with solution
- MongoDB Exercises, Practice, Solution
- SQL Exercises, Practice, Solution - JOINS
- Java Basic Programming Exercises
- SQL Subqueries
- Adventureworks Database Exercises
- C# Sharp Basic Exercises
- SQL COUNT() with distinct
- Java Collection Exercises
- SQL COUNT() function
- SQL Inner Join